APRIL 2015 TOURISM HIGHLIGHTS
The international visitor arrivals by air in April 2015 accounted for 38% of total international visitors to Vanuatu. Visitor arrivals by air decreased by 33% over March 2014, also falling by 5% over April 2014.
• In April 2015, visitor arrivals by air stood at 4,578 visitors, a decline of 33% over the corresponding month in 2014, also falling by 5% over the previous month. The decline was reflected in the fall of visitors arriving for holiday purposes.
• At least 1 out of 4 (25%) visitors by air visited outer islands in April 2015
• In April 2015, cruise ship or day visitors made up 62% of total international visitors to Vanuatu. Day visitors stood at 7,384, a decline of 61% over April 2014, also falling by 13% over March 2015. The decline was attributed by the decline in cruise ship visits from 9 in April 2014 to 4 in April 2015.
Additional Information on :
- Visitors to outer islands
- Additional table 7 on Number of visitors to outer islands
- Summary & Annex 1-2 for Visitors to outer islands
- China visitors included (in table 3)
For more information Click here to access the full News